Aguada Fort is a magnificent fort that is located at the rocky flattened top
of the headland. This fort was built under the guidance of Italian architect
Filipo Terzi. This fort was built in 1612. The main motto to build this fort
was to protect the northern shore of Mandovi estuary from Dutch and Maratha
invaders. This fort is a home to several natural springs.
The name ‘Aguada’ means watering place. This place is abundant with many springs and huge well, which supplied to the incoming ships. The Aguada Fort also has a four storey light house. The wreck of the Aguada Fort can be admired. It is easily accessible through roadways. It is located 18 Km from Panaji and stands to the north of Goa. Tourists from all round the globe come to witness the Aguada Fort in Goa, during India tour.