A hassle - free journey to the serene land of Jammu and Kashmir from USA is possible as it is governed by some rules and regulations. The detailed information of which is mentioned for the travelers to undergo before applying visa to Jammu and Kashmir from USA. There are many Indian embassies which are available in USA which provide Visa help to the tourists coming from USA to India to explore its prominent state Jammu and Kashmir.
1. The Indian Embassy in the U.S.A. remains closed on all the national holidays of India as well as those of the United States Of America.
2. The payment for the services offered by the Indian Embassy in the U.S.A. are to be made either U.S dollars or Indian rupees or by rupee demand draft made payable to the Indian Embassy in the U.S.A.
3. Indian Embassy service hours in the U.S.A. are between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Some Guidelines are to be followed while obtaining the visa for your travel to India from USA:
1. The applications filed for Visa needs to be very neat and clean with either blue or black pen. There should be no mistake in it otherwise, it would be rejected. All the other important information like name, addresses and other particulars should be filed accurately.
2. Two recent passport size photographs.
3. The passport should have the validity of at least 6 months.
4. Original passport with at least 6 months of validity
5. Prescribed visa fees
The traveler from USA should make sure that the government of Jammu and Kashmir would not allow him o visit some areas of state as the state is governed by the Article 370 clause.